Monday, December 25, 2006

My Christmas Present to Vince Young

My family just opened the presents that Santa brought down from his icy abode. It poured rain last night. I hope Santa had something waterproof to don.

I wonder if it rains and snows more frequently during the night. Perhaps it does. Perhaps the rapid temperature decrease aids in the formation of Rain and his many relatives (Sleet, Snow, Freezing Rain, Hail, and Tinkle).

I’m not a meteorologist, but if I had to guess, I’d say that 75% of the world’s total precipitation falls from the sky during the dead of the night.

Later tonight I will officially give my gift to my brother Vince Young. I have decided to root for Miami in their Christmas-day game against the Jets, even though the Jets are one of my favorite teams. Vince did not ask me to give him anything for Christmas, but I know that a Jet loss aids the Titan playoff hopes.

I do not know if removing my voice from the multitude of Jet-fan voices will make a difference in the outcome of tonight’s game. Would Santa have noticed if I had managed to stop a single raindrop from falling on his head last night?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For week 17:
• Tennessee can clinch a playoff berth with:
1. A win and a Cincinnati loss or tie and a Denver loss and a Kansas City win

DrGravitee said...

Cinci lost, Denver lost, and KC won...if TN has won they would have been in the playoffs! Too bad Vinny T. didn't start the game for the Pats.